Over the next three years I will periodically demonstrate my findings through a number of live audiovisual performance experiments, documenting my approaches and related issues.
The phases are as follows:
- addressing my background in composition and performance and current approaches;
- addressing the literature and assimilating theoretical concepts into performance practice;
- addressing the case studies / approaches and concerns of other audiovisualists;
- exhibition of works and findings.
Documentation will be uploaded to VIMEO for each phase and will be used to elaborate on blog postings discussing the likes of:
- compositional and performative approaches;
- audience and context
- comparative works and inspiration;
- technological affordances and impact;
plus whatever else seems relevant at the time.
So the first phase matched up with:
- a performance as part of Tom Hall’s “Left of Left” exhibition at the Judith Wright Centre in Brisbane;
- two performances and the presentation of my paper at the Australasian Computer Music Conference 2009 here in Brisbane.
Here is the first phase worth of video material which I will discuss in the next few blogs. Get acquainted and I’ll be back soon with a post about the Left of Left performance.